Grrrrr!!!

Mother in Law is here and - to get us in the festive mood - we decided to head for the carol service at church. Leaving with an hour in hand (50 minutes to get there) I thought I'd better doublecheck the time. So with Mr FD driving I checked the webpage.

 Yes, you've guessed it - I'd got the time wrong! It started at 6.00 not 6.30. We would have got there too late...so we turned round and came home, Mr FD saying in a small voice "I was looking forward to that..." So was I. I feel very grumpy now.



I hope MiL may feel she wants to go to the Christmas Eve service (5.30 - I've already checked!) as there's no Christmas Day service. Otherwise I'll feel we've missed out on all the services!!! Which we will have done.


I suppose it doesn't matter really. It's how I meet God in the here and now that really matters, rather than singing together. I can still welcome the Christ child. I suppose half of it is that I feel I've let people down - I didn't have a role in the sevice but I still really wanted to go. Oh well, can't be helped now. Pop on the smile, open the wine and enjoy the evening!!






Comments

  1. Oh no!! I've done that before and been so cross at myself!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweetie pie friend! You have a lot on your kind mind. Sometimes we get our wires crossed, but it's okay! The cats are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making me laugh; it's good knowing I'm not the only one who gets things wrong.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts