Apparently, I'm versatile

 Get that! According to Alix at Used-to-Bees, I'm versatile

ver·sa·tile[vur-suh-tl or, especially Brit., -tahyl] 

adjective
1. capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer.
2.having or capable of many uses: a versatile tool.
3.Botany . attached at or near the middle so as to swing freely, as an anther.
4.Zoology . turning either forward or backward: a versatile toe.
5.variable or changeable, as in feeling, purpose, or policy: versatile moods.

She has awarded me a Versatile Blogger Award.
Gosh! What a blogging week. First I host a Giveaway, then I win one (huzzah!) and now I have an award. I'm famous!
Apparently, what I need to do now is list seven things about me. Random facts.
ONE
I am particularly wet and squashy over animals (even though I eat them, quite happily) Llamas, cats, kittens, rabbits, dormice, puppies, lambs, donkeys, squirrels...they all make me go "Aah!" Though, I need to point out, quite hastily, that I don't eat everything that is on that list. In fact, of those animals mentioned, I only eat two. You can make your mind up which two.
                                                          WRONG!

TWO
I was born and brought up in Liverpool. I don't have a Scouse accent, although one can be provided, if required. Which brings me on to 

THREE

I love acting. When we lived in Milton Keynes, I was a member of a very well-respected Amateur Theatre Company,(Stantonbury Campus Theatre Company)  and was lucky enough to play Rita in "Educating Rita". That was when my accent came into its own! Among others, I played parts in Dennis Potter's "Son of Man", various productions of Mystery Plays, Nicholas Nickleby, LarkRise to Candleford, Milton Keynes: the Musical, As You Like It, King Lear, Scouting for Boys, Man For All Seasons and several Murder Mysteries, with The Really Horrid Production Company which were great fun. I even performed in the new Milton Keynes theatre when it was first opened, with SCTC, in the musical "Hopes and Dreams" which was written about the beginnings of the city. 
Connected to my  theatrical endeavours is fact number 4

FOUR
I have performed in a play, especially written for our theatre company, with a part especially written for me (or at least, written with me in mind) by the wonderful Bryony Lavery  Within SCTC, there were many excellent women actors (and, sadly, I don't really count myself among that number) who were often fighting (though not literally) for parts. So, as one of the directors was a good friend of Bryony Lavery's, she asked her to come to work with the women of the group and to maybe write a piece for us. What came out of the workshops was the great play "Ophelia", which took, as its inspiration,"Hamlet" but was written from Ophelia's point of view.  I was cast as Raag, a servant in the great castle of Elsinore, whose first action on stage was to look up the shroud of the dead king, and comment on the size of his manhood! As I say, it was especially written for me...!  I've tried to find more details of the play online, but sadly there's not much about it.

FIVE

I've done this:
That's correct. I have paraglided. Over Puy de Dome, in the Auvergne. It was with a very nice gentleman called Hubert - and while I was up there, flying free-as-a-bird, I was sick-as-a-dog! I do hope it didn't land on anyone walking in the forest below!

SIX
I've written a novel. I just haven't got round to contacting any agents about it. It's called "Teaching Donkeys To Dance" and is about someone who moves to France. Even if it never gets published, the writing process was fab. I wrote it in my first year here, when Mr FD was still working in the UK, and coming over every fortnight. It certainly gave me something to do in the long, lonely days...!!!

SEVEN
I have been on the radio. Twice. Oooh, the excitement! Once was on the Radcliffe and Maconie show on Radio Two. They are now on Radio Six Music, but the feature "The Chain" moved with them. On this, the idea is to suggest a piece of music that is somehow connected to the piece played before (if that makes sense) If they pick your suggestion, they phone you up for a bit of a chat. For me, the piece of music before was by The Flatlanders, so I suggested this song. Can you guess why?! (Incidentally, I was at a show on that tour where that video was taken. Great! Birmingham Areana. A-ma-zing!)
The second time was an interview on Three Counties Radio, and a performance of my character Mary Magdalene, on Easter morning. If you read my Pause In Advent, over on the other blog, you'll read my retelling of Elizabeth's story. This was Mary Magdalene's story. It actually led to quite a few speaking engagements, mostly with Mother's Unions, in the Bucks,Beds&Herts area. I didn't get paid though!

So there you are! Seven random facts about me. I'm supposed to now nominate 15 blogs which I read, to receive this award too. But most blogs I have bookmarked are "award free", and don't want to do this kind of thing. But I will point you in the direction of some of my favourite blogs anyway...
Thistlewood Farm shows Kari's beautiful home in America, where she creates some original and beautiful things.
Bread is Pain tells the trials and tribulations of an American adjusting to life in France - vey amusingly.
Beautytipsforministers does exactly what it says - but is interesting for anybody who is in the public eye
A Thrifty Mrs is really interesting, as Thrifty gives hints/suggestions/practical advice about thrifting and saving.
Odd Socks & Pretty Frocks is written by a Liverpool lass. I enjoy reading her slightly off-the-wall comments on life, and style. I wish I had been that stylish when I was youger
I know that PomPom is well known to several readers here, and so is Floss but I'm adding them anyway. Both give very readable accounts of their lives in the US and in France
And finally, Fraise Lachrymose another who shares her life.

Goodness me! How could I forget... there's also Ang over at Tracing Rainbows. I know she is an Award Free blog, but I wouldn't like to forget to mention her. 

I know several of these are Award Free zones, or don't accept awards or participate, but I want to acknowledge that I enjoy reading their blogs, and to say Thank You.




Comments

  1. Thank you so much for including me. You lovely thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I feel I am in very good company, there in your list... and I loved reading more about you. I can't act at all, except in musicals - I enjoyed Gilbert and Sullivan because the music does all the acting for you. Can't talk... so I'm very impressed by you!

    I'm going to pop back when life is less crazy and follow the rest of your links. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! You're so sweet! I loved reading all the interesting facts about you, Mouse! I love actress friends! Oh, and way to go on that novel. Start sending it to publishers right away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're famous! (where is the emoticon for "not worthy " when you want it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts