1K € for 1K Km Update

I'm a little behind on the target. Because of my cold, which lingered on - and still hasn't fully gone - I haven't really felt like doing much. Last Saturday I managed (but it was a struggle) 18 km or so. I had planned to cycle up to friends of ours, but 2 km up the road I could hardly breathe - my lungs were bursting! So I decided to "abort the mission" and go home. However, I'd been passed by a group of club cyclists going the other way, and when I got home they were all outside (we have a public WC across the road from the house) and I felt so embarrassed at the thought of stopping, when they'd seen me huffing and puffing in the opposite direction but 5 minutes before, that I swung left and went down the hill! So I carried on, debated a little further on whether to turn around or continue, decided to carry on and did the full 18km circuit.

Then, on Wednesday, as I wasn't teaching, I went out with the Club. Me and two older guys did 35 km. The last 10 were horrid as the sunshine had turned to howling gale and rain, and I had no waterproof with me, but the rest was good - and I was pleased with the way I tackled the climbs. Fernand told Mr D that I had "roulé"-ed bien. I didn't go out yesterday, as I went into town with Cathy to meet someone for coffee, and to do a bit of shopping (I got a nice cardigan for 10€) and although I'd planned to go today, my back is a little stiff AND I've just done some gardening and feel in some pain. I also drank two beers at lunchtime so I feel quite disinclined to go (mind you, maybe I should go because I drank two beers. They added up to 400 calories between them!)

Anyway, all this means that I'm 25 km behind this week's target. Which is quite a bit really. It's looking as though I need to try to get out twice this week in the evening, plus a ride next Saturday to catch up. While I enjoy the rides once I'm out, I certainly don't feel that keen about going. Mr D says it's like a drug to him, and he gets quite annoyed if he has to miss a ride due to work/illness etc. Me? I'm not bothered. 

Still - I do have to say a couple of Thank Yous for more donations to the Cause.
Thank you to Angela for her 10€ contribution, and to Mr D for giving up his Easter Egg to put 20€ in the Kitty.
And a huge THANK YOU! to my former colleague and friend Nikki for her incredibly generous cheque. Considering we've not seen each other for a good 10 years, and only exchange Christmas cards and the odd FaceBook comment, her donation was really, really generous. This brings the Totaliser to:


Date
Distance cycled
Distance to go
Money raised
Money to go
10.04.11
243
757
377€*
623€
17.04.11
257
743
377€*
623€
01.05.11.
309
691
457€*
543€
*£ to € conversions are rounded to the nearest €

So there you have it. There is definitely at least another 100€ to come from the Cycle Club - more than 20 have signed up but nobody has said how much they'll give me! But even at 5€ each that's 100€ - so I'm having to bake cakes for them for the next 6 weeks (at least!)

***
My weight loss continues, though at a fairly slow pace (probably due to the consumption of beer as detailed above!) I'm reasonably pleased however, but do have to note that I have noticed that when I cycle (last week) I lose weight, and when I don't (week before) I don't. Fairly obvious, really...!
 
START WEIGHT
102 kg
224.9 lbs
TARGET WEIGHT
75 kg
165.3 lbs
AMOUNT TO LOSE
27 kg
59.6 lbs
AMOUNT TO GO
17.7 kg
39 lbs
LOST  IN TOTAL
9.3 kg
20.5 lbs
LOST THIS WEEK
1 kg
2.2 lb
WEIGHT THIS WEEK
92.7 kg
204.4 lb

There you have it!

Comments

Popular Posts