RECIPE: Kamchatka

It's not really called Kamchatka, but I always forget its name, which sounds a little like Kamchatka. We had this last night - I'd forgotten how much I like it!

(for 2 people)
1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow pepper, sliced
3 large tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped & deseeded
Tbsp oil (I used chilli oil, to give it an extra kick)
250 ml red wine (or vegetable stock, or a mixture of both)
4 eggs.
I also added about 250g chorizo sausage, sliced thickly, but that does add to the calories.

Stew the peppers, chilli & onions in the oil for a few minutes.
Add the tomatoes, wine & stock.Add the chorizo, if using.
Preheat oven to 180°C
Simmer veggies for about 20 minutes until soft.
Season, & add parsley if you want. 
Put into an ovenproof dish and make 4 wells in the mixture. Crack an egg into each hole.
Put in oven for about 5 - 10 minutes until the eggs are set. I left mine too long yesterday and they were a bit too hard.
Eat. With bread to soak up the juices. Fight off the cats. (really...!!!)

Comments

Popular Posts