RECIPE: Tian

This was a pleasant dish. I had it with a couple of slices of roast pork and it made a very nice dish. I think it probably needs siomething to give it a bit more oomph - possibly more seasoning than I gave it, which is often a problem for me, or stronger cheese, or a bit of chilli. Try it and see what you think.

TIAN  For 2 people
1 large courgette, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
3 oz rice
250 ml chicken/vegetable stock
50g grated cheese
herbs to taste
2 beaten eggs.
1 slice wholemeal bread made into breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 180°C
Cook the onion, garlic and courgettes in the chicken stock for about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook gently until all the stock has been absorbed.
Mix half the cheese, the tomatoes, herbs, seasoning and eggs into the courgette mix. 
Put the mixture into an ovenproof dish, greased with a few sprays of FryLight. Cover with the breadcrumbs, and remaining cheese. You might like to try adding a tsp of cayenne pepper to the breadcrumb mix.
Bake for 20 minutes until it is golden and crispy.

On MFP this works out as approx 296 calories a portion.
On SW, there are a few syns on the Green plan, with the bread & cheese, unless they're used as Healthy Extras.

This is not a photo of my tian, but of another; however it gives a good idea of how yummy it can be!  The recipe I've given is adapted from a Provençal dish, and "tian" is named after the gratin dish that it is cooked in.
I've had a good day today, with a good 25 minute workout which has given me "extra" calories. We're having burger (made with 5% fat mince) with a slice of cheese, Slimming World chips, salad and homemade coleslaw for dinner. I'm looking forward to it. And even with 2 chocolate fingers and a glass of wine I'm still under the calorie allowance. How good is that?!
Mr F-D can have bread as well, as he's just been out for a one-and-a-half hour bike ride with the Cycle Club. I'm probably joining them at the end of February, when I begin my Cycling challenge.

Comments

Popular Posts