RECIPE: Pasta Arrabiata ......... & Various Musings

This one is dead easy, but it was very tasty:
Fry a chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic and some chilli (to taste) in FryLight, or 1/2 tbsp of chilli oil, if you want an extra kick. Add a can of chopped tomatoes and 2 Tbsp green pesto. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Season to taste
Boil some pasta. Add sauce. Delicious! I added 1/2 a ball of mozzarella (about 150g between two of us) & 10 black olives each but that's not necessary

On SW, without the mozzarella and using FryLight, it's almost free on the Green plan. I'm not sure what the Syn value is for Green Pesto.
On MFP the calorie value (with mozzarella, olives & 75g of pasta) was around 518 calories. I upped it by having a slice of bread and a glass of wine...but never mind! The intentions were good!

                                                     *******************

I'm finding that I'm going over my calorie allowance if I don't exercise. But at the same time, my calorie allowance is quite low (1422) I could change it, but I'm keeping it deliberately low, so that I'm aware of when I have more calories! Also it encourages me to do a bit more exercise! I note that other of my Friends on MFP have higher allowances, but I've decided to stay quite low.
My back isn't very happy today, but I really must get on the bike today! It's over a week since I did any training here, although I did do 10 minutes easy cycling and 15 minutes hard StairMaster at my physiotherapists on Wednesday. Plus lots of balancing exercises, but I don't think they count - even though I was concentrating on pulling in my stomach muscles. I'm really bad at balancing!

Comments

Popular Posts